When in Sofia ….just have fun
Hi everyone! My name is Ivette and I’m a freelance stylist and a fashion blogger in Bulgaria.
When Amelie asked me to write a post about a few hype places in my city I thought it would be a great opportunity to share my favorite places with you guys.
This is my guide to places you must check out if ever here – starting from shopping to partying.
1. There are several very cool second-hand boutiques in the city center – Ecru (link: ecru shop), Ultra (link: Ultra), Sedgwick (Sedgwick) and many more cute small shops on the same streets.
2. If you like quirky handmade accessories – be sure to check out Zona Urbana (link: http://www.zurbana.com/index_en.htm) or the ChickShop (Chickshop).
3. For an early evening cocktail you can stop by OneMore Bar (link: OneMoreBar) and Toba&Co Bar (TobaCObar) or if you are more of a beer kind of person – this would be your place – Ale House (Alehouse)
4. Party star? Be sure to check out the best rock club in town – Rock’n’Rolla (rocknrolla), or the funnest – Amsterdam (http://www.baramsterdambg.com/home.en.html). I’m not a big fan of house music and I can’t really understand if a track is good or not, so I’m not suggesting any clubs that play this kind of music. I’ve heard that Yalta (http://www.yaltaclub.com/) is good though.
5. Believe it or not – we have summer festivals here. Pretty good ones, too. For rock fans – Sofia Rocks (becbg). For all kinds of music fans – Elevation (Elevation) – it had a wind problem last year, but we are all crossing our fingers thing be ok this time around. And the all time classic, the pearl of summer festivals, the only reason why I’d ever consent to sleep in a tent on the beach – Spirit of Burgas (spiritofburgas). I attended last year and simply fell in love with the atmosphere. No need to say – I’m going this year, too.
6. Curious what street stylers are wearing these days - http://www.sofiastreetstyle.com/.
In conclusion I’ll just say that if you ever decide to visit – remember, you are always welcome here!
Have a great week!
Hope you have enjoyed, next week, we're moving to --> London!